Saturday, August 16, 2008

Speaking my heart out

There are times when you want to be alone but are crowded by so many people, well on other times when you really need someone around; there is no body with you. Sad irony of life isn’t it? Every one of us faces a similar situation many times in course of our lives. Each of us wants the other when we have one. Sometimes, I wonder, why this happens to me or does it happen with all. Most of the times I don’t get the answer to this question, as it’s me who is asking myself. Wish I could ask this to some one and know the answer. Talking to God is one option when you have none to open your heart to, when you have so much to talk about, so many feelings to share, so many of desires you just bury deep inside in your heart, for the sole reason that there is not one listening ear, no kind heart to feel it along with you. Talking to God, which I used to do a lot when I used to be in school, writing letters addressing to god and then tear them off. Obvious reason being, number one it was too personal, second and the feared one, it shouldn’t end in my mom’s hand. Now, even writing a letter to God doesn’t come easy. Even today, I have tons of stories to tell, loads of wishes to ask for, but yet I don’t write. Why, you would ask. Maybe my more mature self feels it’s too kiddish to be doing something like that. Being grown up is not the best thing to happen to any one of us. As a child I used to eagerly wait for the time when I can be on my own. I do enjoy it, but then taking care of each small thing alone is not a candy.
Why I am writing all this today.. you should have guessed it by now, Since you haven’t guessed I might as well tell you. I am missing home, missing my family, missing my friends. I don’t generally say it aloud, for people like me speaking out about feelings, emotions doesn’t come with ease. Just a phone call right now, a ping on my chat window, a scrap on my orkut, or a mail would brighten my day. But who would know what I yearn for except God. I have this lingering feeling that everyone around me exists because I need them; it’s not the other way around. Take the example of my friends, most of them would never call me/mail me or try to contact me unless I do so. Don’t they want to be my friend anymore or I am just adding to their long list of ‘just-one-of-the-known-faces’. The other day, my team mates were talking about their cupboard being filled with gifts that they have received from friends, family. I sadly realized that I don’t have many to talk about. Most of the gifts are what my parents or my siblings have given me.
You know I feel that everyone around me treat me like a convenient option, they treat me like some one who is never going to get hurt, some one who is plain nice. Being nice doesn’t mean I don’t get hurt, not shouting on your face doesn’t mean that I don’t get angry,
Well, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

5 comments:

prav said...

Hey... i dropped in ur blog by accident (thru rivas' blog).. this one caught my eye.. yes.. wen u said that about how u feel u wer a 'convenient option', i got reminded of how i have also felt a lot of times about how certain ppl who i consider very close, think of me... but then i realise.. when u get a bit lonely, ur mind does start thinking a lot of crap, which may never really be the truth.. this is what i try to think these days when i feel this way.. and u know wat? i think it feels much better when you realise that!

Rivas said...

You know, the sad irony of life is that you dont notice that everyone is around when they are and you suddenly notice their absence when they arent...

Its like that sound of the fridge that hums in the background. Its so monotonous that you dont really notice it humming in the background even though it is quite loud. But when the electricity suddenly goes off, you notice its absence, you notice the piercing sense of silence that pervades around you.

No one is really lonely, in the correct sense of the world. You are surrounded by someone constantly. The only reason you havent connected to the person is because you havent let yourself. Open up yourself and you shall see that lonliness is just something in the mind.

Hey, Thanks for reading my blog and commenting on it. So good to know that someone out there is reading... Read one of your blog entry saying you worked in Infosys Pune. Have we met before?

Anuradha said...

@Prav

I do agree with u.. such crap things u feel only when u r upset or depressed...
:)

@Rivas
Wow, I loved the analog to the fridge.. believe me, I read it and my first reaction was 'So-True'.
Ya, I am from Infosys, Pune.. I dont think we have met :) hope to meet u

Shanks_P said...

Hey Anuz,
Thanks for the comment, again its good to know that some one read a full entry of the blog, not leaving half way thinking, its another crap ;)
About being lonely, i know what you are talking and I have gone thru this ( I need them more than anyone needs me) several times and realised that most of the things we lone for is like an island, we paddle and paddle on a small boat of ours to reach that island of joy, let it be anything, to find out that the island was good just to see from long, but again a lonely place to be in it ....:)
Cherish the moments when u r happy as the feeling of happiness is a journey, not a destiny .... looks like my comment is little too long :D

Anuradha said...

@Shanks

Now, no one has called me Aunz before ;-)..
Ur comments isnt long or small.. its just what u felt like writing, and thats how I take it and be appreciative of the fact tat u took time read my blog and then leave ur comment.. :)