Friday, July 28, 2006

To see beyond....

To see beyond..

I always thought I am not among the lucky ones,
Born with a silver spoon to boast of one,
To have everything as and when wished,
Until I saw this little boy on the streets,
Carrying his younger and fragile brother,
Not as a burden but as a soft cotton orb,
Linking his arms around him,
Talking soothing words of comfort.
I haven’t realized until lately,
How I take everything for granted,
The loving care of parents,
The continuous chattering of sibling,
It’s so easy to crib about the things I don’t have,
Than being thankful the wonders that I have,
I may have little, but that little is universe of some one.. out there.
The little boy came closer to my parked auto,
Imploring to give me few of my coins,
I wished I could give him the world then,
But I just kept wishing and am wishing the same still,
I quietly passed few coins to him,
Brightening his day and his smile mine.
Thankfully for me the auto moved ahead,
And that was the last I see of him.
He is not only one nor am I the only one,
To be asking and to be giving,
When will I do something is the question I am asking,
Hope I get the answer soon and I do something.

-Anu (10th July, 2006)

6 comments:

Dh@v@! said...

first of all gr8 poem buddy


@ I always thought I am not among the lucky ones

almost everyone thinks so... (at least i do)

@ Hope I get the answer soon and I do something

let me know if u get any ans....

njoy
:)

Gaurav Parab said...

Nice one.

Its not about wanting what you want, its about wanting what you got.

-Gaurav Parab

VINEET KUMAR SINGH said...

now..to see beyond..nice content.....nice presentation of thoughtss.....bt if ya dnt mind i gt few suggestions abt ths poemm..now and thenn ths poemm sways out f the frame.....
i mean the most imp part is that hold teh frame of the reader...cz in that frame the reader starts imagining whatevr ya wrote and if that frame breakss..sab gadbadd....
rest again a gd job....

Anuradha said...

Dhaval >> Thanks pal.. to be lucky or not is very situational and how we look at things..
well... i have find few answers though and i m trying in my ways, whatever is possible to help the needy...
Gaurav >> thanks for visiting my blog.. waise wants are too many to be satisfied with few...
Vineet >> yaar, i am an amateur writer... i just pen down whatever i feel.. maybe i do sway away.. but generally i dont correct the poem flow once written...
would write to improve the next time :):)

Anonymous said...

Good one huh!
keep rockin n be radioactive! ;)

Anonymous said...

gud one!
keep it up and b radioactive!