Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Infosys BB

Infosys.. Dream company for most and for me too. I have spent almost two years, just a few days to go before the milestone… Well, there are lots of things that one may consider ‘the best part’ of being in Infy. For me it’s the INFY BB, I just LOVE it. No better word to describe the feeling. The numerous conversations happening day in-day out, the tons of information shared, the bitter-sweet rivalry… the list is endless.

The ever green Saurav-Chappel-Dravid debate. Funny to think of it, if Dravid gets to know that Infoscions ‘lovingly (pun intended) call him ‘Puppet’, what would his reaction be. The debate over who-should-be the captain, who-should-be in the final 11, so on and so forth. I guess, we have the best critics and supporters out here. Whenever we have any of the cricket matches, the topic sooner or later gets diverted to Saurav-Chappel-Dravid debate. We never end with a conclusion still we argue to the best of our capabilities. Since, I am one of the Dada supporters; I too am a part of the ‘GO DADA GO’ mania…

The Infy Leisure (especially at Our Pune DC) never stops tickling the funny bone in each one of us. The famous ‘Chingum’ controversy, oh I had a wonderful time reading all the theories and support for the poor ‘chingum’. Before I could send it as a forward to the ‘less privileged (to be read as non-Infoscions) friends’; I get it from one of them, now that’s what we call ‘fast’ means of communication. How can I forget the tips I keep getting for ‘jumping out of a training rain’ (since I am from Mumbai, I need it so very much), ‘break open a door (maybe the next time I lose my house keys, I get to try this trick) or trying the matrix style tip ‘of jumping from one building to the other’. With all these tips practiced till perfection, few of us can give Krissh run for his money…
Now that Calfield has returned… more laughter and smiles coming along too…

HJW general is no behind in terms of debates, heated discussions, all with a carefully written disclaimer “PS: These are strictly my personal opinion and not to be taken personally”. These are true professionals, they say everything they want to and then neatly wipe it out with this disclaimer. Additional to these, the HJW general happens to be universal grievance cell, all the complaints against canteen, transport, facilities, everything finds a place here. If you are a regular BB follower, you can’t miss a Friday coming… HJW general is spammed with carpool (required/available) mails, though in a way its boon which saves lot of time and reduces safety hassles. Information of anything to everything can be obtained here. You need to know an address in Pune (or anywhere in the world) and how to reach that place, just a drop a mail here, and hurray you get a detailed map… The best discussion so far that I enjoyed was about 9/11 and the attack on Afghanistan. Have to agree on one thing, Infoscions are truly very informative.

Apart from all these, the BB is also home for budding poets/poetesses, writers, cartoonists and many more of it.. We have the freedom to express ourselves in numerous ways… and the admirers are in good numbers too. Language is no bar here, we have so many Gujarati /Marathi /Hindi poems/articles/shayaris posted frequently.
I can just remember one line to conclude.. ‘Truly, madly, deeply…’ I simply adore our INFY BB.

7 comments:

VINEET KUMAR SINGH said...

hmmm...so i'l kal ths gvn new dimensionss to Infy BB.......gr8 wrk.......ya i agre with all u wrote abt Infy BB.....but only a good writer can portray such shades to somethng as simple as BB...gd job...

Dh@v@! said...

Yeah Anu
I know all those BB crap…
It’s really fun to read it…

N all those PS, PPS…. Its gr8 yar..

But sometimes really go personal and ruin the fun….

Neways hope to get some good discussion on BB soon…
Njoy…
Nice post btw… ;)

Anuradha said...

Vineet >> Good to know u liked my take on Infy BB... hope to write more and quiet frequently

Dhaval >> kaise ho?? to be honest, i have taken lot of inspiration from u to come up with the article.... i mean, ur articles take abt simple things that one experience and i have tried to follow the same... :):)

Dh@v@! said...

I am obliged!!!

Anu Sharma said...

hi ,just bumped into ur blog n found it quite good. N congrats for completing 2 successful yrs at infy !

tujesalam said...

that was really a good post. Keep doing it

Anuradha said...

Anu >> thanks ... i am happy tat u liked my writings.. i did check out ur blog... even u write very well...
TujeSalam >> aapko bhi salam.. thanks :)